Learn to SUP while exploring the beautiful Tofino shoreline. Your expert coach helps you master a large range of advanced paddling skills.
SUP Surf Lesson & Coaching
- Private Lesson Starting at
- Groups of 4+ persons Call to book for discounts
SUP Surf Lessons in Tofino
We’re passionate about all things paddleboard and want to share our passion with you. We’re proud to offer stand-up paddleboard surfing classes, known as SUP surfing, for all levels of skill and experience.
We guarantee small groups for all our lessons. This means that you’ll get all the help you need to improve and really get the most from your time out on the water with your experienced instructor.
With our programs we know that you’ll see improvements and progression. Most importantly, we guarantee that you’ll have a great time out on the water and leave wanting more!
Our small team of local expert watermen and woman have been surfing, sup surfing, traveling the world, coaching and competing their entire lifetimes and are excited to share their stoke and knowledge with you. No matter your skill or experience level, everyone can benefit from coaching and feedback and with our tested methods we can help you reach new goals and have more fun in the waves! We teach everything from water knowledge to technical movement to lifestyle health and breathing techniques, and much more! With on the water coaching and video analysis feedback we tailor each session to the individual or group.
Our large fleet of beginner to high performance surf and SUP surf boards allows our participants to work with equipment that will serve them at their own levels or the conditions of the day. With a quick consultation prior to your session, we encourage you to use your own equipment if appropriate.
|About Coach Jake||About Catherine Bruhwiler|
SKILL LEVEL GUIDE
Life is better when you surf! If you’ve tried flatwater SUP and have a few basic strokes and techniques down, join us for a paddleboard (SUP) surf lesson! Our expert SUP and surf instructors can take you from the basics right up to intermediate SUP surf techniques in this two-hour lesson. Catch a wave, and there will be no turning back! Learn ocean and wave safety, equipment orientation, etiquette on the water, how to catch waves, basic surf moves and much more.
Ample time is provided for practice and feedback with your expert guide. It’s a great way to learn more and enjoy a session catching waves at the beach in Tofino. This lesson is Paddle Canada certified by request. Please see the details of the skill requirements for this lesson.
• Flatwater stand-up paddleboard course or equivalent.
• REQUIRED SKILL: Ability to climb back on your SUP swiftly and familiarity with the sweep stroke. If you are not very confident in your flatwater SUP skills and have not done prior flatwater SUP instruction, please call us to discuss.
Are you looking to take your SUP surfing abilities to the next level? This lesson was designed to do just that! It was created and is coached by expert local and champion surfers. The low instructor to SUP surfer ratio combined with our expert instructors will help you skillfully and rapidly develop your abilities. In addition to time out on the water with your coach, this class also includes a video session with an analysis, forecasting, etiquette theory, and technical talk. We guarantee that you’ll have more fun and progress your SUP surfing more than ever before. This course is Paddle Canada certified by request. This level usually includes video coaching.
• Some SUP surf experience is required.
Are you already at a level where you are catching tons of waves and beginning to think about major improvements or even competitions? Join a Tofino Paddle Surf coach and watch your SUP surfing take off. As passionate SUP surfers, we know that there is no better feeling than working on and improving specific goals and skills. Our expert SUP surf coaches will be there to help you do just that!
The session includes drills, video analysis, discussion and SUP surf technique theory. These sessions can be interchanged with prone surfing/surf theory/wind, weather, and forecasting theory.
• Advanced SUP surf experience is required.
- All lessons are taught by certified coaches and instructors. Our instructors surf!
- All our guides are CPR and Paddle Canada Certified.
- This lesson is only available as a private/family tour.
- The age limit does not apply to private tours. For groups of 4 or more please contact us.
- The ratio of participants to coaches will never exceed 4:1.
- Bring your own gear or rent from us.
- Ample free parking is available right by our shop.
- Please bring your bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, a hat and straps for your glasses if necessary.
- Please arrive at the shop at least 10 minutes before your scheduled tour.
- Online bookings are available March 1st to October 31st. Contact us for scheduling November 1st to February 28th.